16 May 2013

Second To: Reid Hoffman


The 3 Secrets of Highly Successful Graduates from Reid Hoffman

Just recently, I stumbled upon this slides by Reid Hoffman of LinkedIn. Perhaps, most of us can relate, especially if you are in my age :) However, I think it elaborates some stages in life that we all will or have experienced. 

There is a line that struck me, which says:
Opportunities do not float like clouds in the sky
They're attached to people
If you're looking for an opportunity, you're really looking for a person

and it continues:
The people you spend time with shape who you are and who you become

After that, I was just thinking of what my mentor told me earlier. He told his kids to make friends at school, their marks are not as important. Suddenly, the argument becomes valid. 

So what are you waiting for. Break your wall down and get out to see people :)

No comments: