13 January 2015

Why I am Glad that I was Mentored

Over and over perhaps I have said about it. But as true as it was, I truly felt the benefit of being mentored.

I'd like to think that I've been drilled by some of the greatest mentors through my journey. This disciplined me, earned my lesson, quicken my experience gain and fasten my belt. It made me realize early enough that the world is not like how I perceived it before. Very eye opening indeed. I once told one of my mentors that he basically killed my dreams and I actually lost a sense of purpose during his period of mentorship.

It is always nice to catch up with people from the past. Knowing that we all have gone in our own separate ways and therefore meeting them seems like a humbling moment. Reminds me of how foolish I was - and how I haven't improved that much anyway.

My mentors - are willing to recommend me with a few things, telling me if I'm in the wrong direction and never always on my side - but I know that I can always come back to them for my anxieties and confusion.

Very important that in a younger age you already have someone you can direct your questions too and learn from their mistakes. Never get tired to ask, don't be too snobbish. Get a mentor and get yourself drilled.

No comments: