27 August 2010

Huge, Huge Tuna - Outer Market

Freshly caught fish. Newly picked edamame. Flaky shaved bonito. Lightly battered tempura. Perfect slices of sashimi. Tsukiji fish market has to be my most favorable eating spot if we are talking about true Japanese food. We went there at eight in the morning, lots of tourist as what I expected, and the workers there seem to hate tourists because we tend to block their ways. Well sorry about that. Hehe.
It is the outer circle of the market where you basically can find any edible goods. Dad had this bowl of ramen in lightly flavored hot soup topped with crispy tempura and sprinkled with spring onion. I had a sip of the soup and it was dang! Probably the best ramen in the utter universe!
As much as I love eating and cooking, I enjoy having fresh produces as base ingredients to then be processed. It is a jovial time here because I can simply smell and see those good looking harvests.
I don't like oyster. But this looks nice ya?

No comments: