06 April 2012

Det Kongelige Bibliotek

Det Kongelige Bibliotek


Has got to be my favorite library of all time. It is designed by Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects, just behind Libeskind's Jewish Museum. I especially loved the way it was built, complimentary to the old library building. The nice thing about libraries was they were so captivating, so calming, so quiet, yet very supportive. I could hardly find myself walking away from such a tranquil place, which provided a safe corner for people to work and to do their things. Closer to the evening, the sun was shining warmly, allowing itself to interrupt those inside the library subtly without being too intrusive.

It was so much different, being in Copenhagen, where people seemed to be on a different level, not because they were academics, but because they simply possessed a higher level of happiness. Oh man, I would not mind just working for Joe & The Juice to live here.

No comments: